ITechLaw 2021 European Conference in Lisbon reportage — the topics on the agenda were SportsTech, technology, data protection, artificial intelligence, protecting IP, digital services regulations, and much more| November 10-12, 2021
We are glad to participate and be the part of the ITechLaw 2021 European Conference in Lisbon, Portugal (November 10-12, 2021), one of the biggest and most significant events for legal professionals focused on technology and law, organized by the International Technology Law Association (ITechLaw). Big congratulations to the organizers and thank you for inviting us to give a speech — Carmen De La Cruz was leading one of the panels, namely: "SportsTech — Are We Getting More Inclusive?". At the conference, LEXcellence AG was represented by Carmen De La Cruz and Katharina Lasota Heller.
Worth mentioning that ITechLaw is the leading global organization for legal professionals focused on technology and law. ITechLaw has been serving the technology law community worldwide since 1971. It has a global membership base representing six continents and spanning more than 70 countries.
The conference had a hybrid model. Many people attended the event either in person or online, which is a massive benefit for those who don’t have much time.
A few of the topics that attracted our most attention
- Data Protection Committee Meeting
- Artificial Intelligence Committee Meeting
- Technology and Competition Law
- Protecting IP and Data in the Age of AI: Time for a new approach?
- The Brave New World of EU Standard Contractual Clauses
- Regulation of Digital Services and Markets
- Moronic or Masterpiece? The Market for 'NFTs' as Digital Media Assets
- SportsTech - Are We Getting More Inclusive?
- Europe's Newly Proposed Artificial Intelligence Act
- Smart Contracts: Technical and Legal Challenges
- Using AI, Data and the Law to Transform Corporations into Global Sustainability Leaders
During the mentioned discussion panel led by Carmen, she was discussing with great international speakers:
- Raquel Porciuncula from Benfica Lisbon (Portugal);
- Joao Copeto from Benfica Lisbon (Portugal);
- Dr. Matthias Orthwein, LL.M. from SKW Schwarz (Switzerland);
- Prof. Dr. José-Luis Piñar Mañas from San Pablo-CEU University (Spain);
about the importance of Tech in Football and Sports especially for an international football club like Sport Lisboa e Benfica.
It was also great to meet our colleagues & friends during the event from many countries including Switzerland.
We need to say that the conference was very successful, we learned a lot about governmental and regulatory changes, compliance challenges, and more interesting facts regarding changes in European law and new European Acts in 2021, and much more.